The Nuts and Bolts of Speechwriting
Whether you’re new to speechwriting or a seasoned professional looking for new ideas, this one-day seminar will help you write speeches that will move an audience and get them thinking. You’ll learn how to:
- Use three simple questions to get the process under way
- Build your speech around a strong proposition
- Write openings that grab an audience’s attention, and closings that stick in their memory
- Use stories to bring your ideas to life
- Write for the ear
- Capture the vocal style of the speaker
- Use rhetorical techniques to engage and persuade your audience
- Edit to improve your style and sharpen your arguments.
The Art of Speechwriting
A one-day course for people who need to write speeches, either for themselves or for others. It provides a comprehensive overview of what’s involved in conceiving and writing a great speech, and is suitable for people who are starting out as speechwriters, as well as for those who would like to refresh and invigorate their speechwriting. The course is highly participative, combining theory and practice throughout the day. In addition to the essentials, you will learn techniques for creating speeches that engage, persuade and inspire an audience through the use of image, metaphor and story. The course covers:
- The anatomy of a great speech
- Writing for an audience
- The process of speechwriting
- Discovering your proposition
- Structuring your argument – and the use of rhetoric
- Using image, metaphor and story to engage and persuade
- Using visual language to help your audience see what you mean
- Capturing the speaker’s vocal style
- Editing to improve your style and sharpen your argument
- Writing openings that grab an audience’s attention, and closings that stick in their memory
Suitable for groups of up to 12 people.
If you would like individual speech coaching, either for a specific speech or over a period of time to develop your speechmaking skills, have a look at our speech coaching programmes.
How to book…
Details of any public workshops, seminars and masterclasses will be posted in the right hand sidebar (over here →)Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a speechwriting workshop for your organization, group or conference.