This is an overview of the various courses, workshops and masterclasses we offer. Any of these can be customised and delivered in-house for your organisation. Call us to discuss your needs.
1. Words that Move Mountains – Advanced Presentation Skills
This masterclass is designed for people who already understand the basics of giving good presentations, and who now want to become even better at it. They know that the best communicators use language that’s rich in image, metaphor and story, and they want to learn how to apply these techniques to their own presentation style.
We offer Words that Move Mountains in a variety of forms, to suit a range of needs:
- For individuals who want to attend an external one-day course, we hold occasional open masterclasses. More…
- For groups and teams who want to learn and apply these techniques in the context of specific work-based projects, we offer tailored in-house programmes. We can bring our one-day masterclass in-house, too, if that’s more convenient for you. More…
- We also offer individual coaching to help people to plan and write specific speeches and presentations. More…
2. The Art of Speechwriting
This is a one-day course for people who need to write speeches, either for themselves or for others. Drawing on insights from the ancient art of rhetoric as well as more recent developments in cognitive linguistics, this course provides a comprehensive overview of what’s involved in conceiving and writing a great speech, from scratch.
3. The Nuts and Bolts of Speechwriting
A seminar for people who write speeches as part of their work. This seminar takes you through the process of writing a speech from start to finish, looking at the practical ‘nuts and bolts’ of how a speech gets written – and how to do it better. It’s suitable for beginners and seasoned professionals alike – and is regularly run as a conference session for the UK Speechwriters’ Guild and the European Speechwriter Network. Can be run as a half day seminar or a full day workshop. More…
Want to make your communication more visual, accessible, lively and engaging? Come along to this workshop and learn to think like a cartoonist!
If you’re fed up with PowerPoint, and you want to transform the way you communicate – this is the workshop for you. You’ll discover how cartooning – and visual thinking – can breathe new life into the way you communicate.
We offer Cartooning for Communicators in two main forms:
- For individuals who want to attend an external one-day course, we run occasional open workshops.
- For teams who want to learn together, and who want to practise their skills as a group, we can bring our workshop to your organization.
Please get in touch to find out more about these workshops, or to register your interest in attending an open workshop.